"These easy and summery raspberry parfaits are made with made with fresh raspberries, homemade whipped cream, and fluffy Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake."
Parfaits have been the breakout star for 2016 (by far), but as much as you guys love these no-fuss desserts, you did have one tiny request: that I come up with a family-friendly parfait that everyone can enjoy, both big and little humans alike. I totally understand where you’re coming from on this – because really, kids just want to do the same thing that the grown-ups are doing – so I was more than happy to oblige.
I knew I wanted this new parfait to include cake in some way, but at the same time, it still needed to be easy to make. The beauty of these parfaits is that you can whip them up in 5-10 minutes and baking a whole cake wouldn’t fit that bill. I also didn’t want to get something bakery-specific, since you never know what type of foods the bakery may (or may not) have out that day.
So while I was at our local Walmart, I browsed around until I stumbled across the perfect solution in the frozen food section: Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake.
Pound cake was the perfect fit for these parfaits, and I loved that they’re stored in the freezer (so you can always have one on hand) and they can be thawed in the microwave in less than 1 minute (which fits right into the 10-15 minute time frame).
The next step was picking a fruit, but that was kind of a no-brainer: raspberries. We’re quickly approaching the prime season for raspberries (June!) and I know I’ll be having my fair share of them when the time is right. Like, say, in a parfait just like these.
The final piece to any parfait is the whipped cream, and like all of my other recipes, I highly recommend whipping heavy cream from scratch. I’ve tried using whipped topping from a spray can (too light) or using it from a tub (still not the right consistency) and the best way still seems to be to make it from scratch. It only takes a few minutes to make and it is the absolute best combination with the fluffy Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake crumbles and the soft & tart raspberries.
Can you imagine sitting on your back porch, watching the kids (or in my case, an army of small happy dogs) running through the grass while you enjoy one of these Raspberry Pound Cake Parfaits, made with fresh raspberries, homemade whipped cream, and fluffy Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake? Especially if it’s slightly chilled, helping fight off the summer heat? I know I can!
Do you love Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake and want more creative recipes to make with it? Be sure to check out the Most Exciting Pinterest Recipes board on Pinterest!
Raspberry Pound Cake Parfaits
- 2 pint raspberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream very cold *
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake family size
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), add in chilled heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on high until stiff peaks form in the cream, about 5-7 minutes.
- While whipping the cream, heat the Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake in the microwave per package instructions. Cut off the dark portions of the cake (if desired) then cut the pound cake into small, bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble the parfaits: add layers of the whipped cream (Using a pastry bag or just a spoon), Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake pieces, and fresh raspberries. To do this as pictured, I layered cream, then pound cake, then raspberries, then topped with more whipped cream and a raspberry.
- Parfaits can be served immediately. Parfaits can also be chilled for 2-3 hours before serving.