So far, 2016 has clearly been the “year of the parfait” over here at Homemade Hooplah.
First, there was the Baileys Cookies and Cream Parfait last February, and let me tell you, that one took me by surprise. It completely blew up on Facebook and Pinterest and continues to still be one of my most popular posts. You guys clearly love Baileys (and cookies!)
It's been a crazy, glass-filled, spoon-eating year, and I couldn't help but add one more parfait to the collection:
These Brownie Parfaits with Nutella Syrup!
And really, all of my regular readers must have known something like this was coming.
I did make some ultimate brownies last week.
I mean, sure, I could have just eaten the brownies straight out of the pan, but where's the fun in that?
These days I'm just not happy unless there's cream and Nutella involved.
Another big perk to this parfait is that it's great for family outings and kid friendly.
Many of the parfaits I've made over the past six months are spiked with alcohol, and while that's totally a fun idea on paper, I did get a lot of feedback from readers that they would like to see more sweets without the alcohol.
And I totally get that. We all know that the little humans of the world just want to do the same things they see the adults doing, and especially if those things involve eating something sweet.
These brownie parfaits fit the bill nicely, where the only substances at play are a healthy dose of chocolate, Nutella, and cream
I don't know about you, but a few parfaits like this are exactly what the doctor ordered for this Phoenix heat. Crumbly brownie and fluffy cream and creamy Nutella will be the perfect distraction!
Brownie Parfaits with Nutella Syrup
Fresh baked brownies, homemade whipped cream, and tasty Nutella syrup come together to make these sinfully delicious brownie parfaits!
rate this recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 3 cup brownies cut or crumbled (can use store-bought, boxed, or a from scratch recipe)
|Change servings? large parfaits||Change the Units?|
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), add in chilled heavy cream, vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2/3 powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and Nutella until smooth. If you'd like the syrup to be thicker, add 1 tbsp of powered sugar to syrup until desired thickness is reached.
- To assemble the parfaits: Using a pastry bag (or just a spoon), add layers of the cream, Nutella Syrup, and brownie as you see fit. To do this as pictured, I layered brownies, then Nutella syrup, then cream, then more brownie, followed by another dose of Nutella syrup, and then topped with cream and a final drizzling of Nutella syrup.
- Serve parfaits immediately. If making parfaits in advance, store the Nutella syrup and cream in the refrigerator separately (covered, for up to 2 days) and assemble the parfaits when ready to eat.