I know there's a lot going on in the world right now, but if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's this:
>We've got a lot of delicious food with plenty of time with family and friends in our very near future. Whether you're gathering for the holidays, a sports party, or “just because”, there's a lot of good to look forward to in the coming months.
And as for me? Well, for those of you who are regular readers of this little food blog, you can probably already guess what I'm looking forward to the most: all the fun party foods. Because whether you call them hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, or finger food, it all boils down to bite-sized tastiness to me. I could easily make a whole meal out of party food, and, when left to my own devices, I usually do. Your “feed 20 party platter” is not safe in my company.
So it probably comes as no surprise that I'm always on the lookout for new ideas
to make for myself when no one else is around to serve our houseguests, and I recently stumbled upon the newest addition to my culinary arsenal:
Mozzarella tends to be a staple in a lot of great appetizers, but if there's one thing I love about these Mozzarella Bites, it's that they take classic mozzarella sticks and propel them to the next level. Because not only do you get melty 100% real mozzarella cheese (always a plus!) but it's all wrapped up in an authentic and flavorful pizza-style crust. They're also a good source of calcium and protein and have 0g trans fat per serving.
Plus, Farm Rich snacks are made with wholesome, great-tasting ingredients all of your friends and family will love.
I'm sure you can already imagine how great of an appetizer these Mozzarella Bites would make on their own – just think of all the dipping sauce possibilities! – but when I first saw them, I immediately thought of creating skewers or sliders. Something simple that would be easy to throw together and make more on the fly, should one of your guests (ahem, me) eat your entire platter of hors d'oeuvres when your back is turned.
So there I was, trying to brainstorm an easy party food that could showcase the mozzarella but could be served on a skewer.
And suddenly, Caprese Mozzarella Bites sounded too good not to make.
The best part about these is that they are essentially just three ingredients – Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites, sliced roma tomatoes, and balsamic glaze. I went a little fancy and decorated the plate with lettuce as well, but that's also what I love about easy dishes like this. The base recipe is so simple that you can easily make it your own with only a few extra touches.
Farm Rich is also a big advocate for offering tips, hacks, recipes, and delicious food to help simplify everyday life – what they call “Real-Life Good.” If you'd like more treats from Farm Rich, be sure to sign up for their newsletter!
So, what about you?
What kind of skewers or sliders could you make with Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites?
I'd love to hear about it in the comments!
Caprese Mozzarella Bites
Take standard caprese to the next level with Farm Rich's Mozzarella Bites stacked with thick-sliced roma tomatoes and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
rate this recipe
- 15 Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites about half a 19oz package
- 3 large toma tomatoes sliced thick
- balsamic glaze for drizzling or dipping
- lettuce for decorating the plate (optional)
|Change servings? servings||Change the Units?|
- Prepare Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites in the oven per package instructions. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle, about 1-2 minutes.
- Using a skewer or toothpick, spear the mozzarella bite in the middle on the rounded top. Follow with a piece of sliced tomato, then add another mozzarella bite. Repeat until skewer is full (typically 2-3 mozzarella bites and 1-2 tomato slices). If possible, end skewer with a mozzarella bite. See above video for a visual tutorial.
- Cover a serving plate with lettuce (optional) and arrange loaded skewers on the plate. Serve with balsamic glaze either drizzled on top or in a bowl for dipping.