Is it too soon to post another cookie dough recipe?
Sorry (not sorry) but I just can't help myself.
I must have had a bigger dose of cookie dough cravings than I thought, because not only did I make (and eat all of) these Red Velvet Cookie Dough Bars, but when we had company come the following Friday and I needed a fast and easy dessert, this is the dip I decided to make.
But can you blame me? It's cookie dough we're talking about here. And graham crackers. Or maybe pretzels, if that sweet and salty combo if your thing.
Plus, we wouldn't have been proper hosts if we didn't pump the kids full of sugar at 8PM. I'm sure their parents just loved us for that.
After the dip had been served, and I started to think about the time, I did start to feel a little bad about whipping this up, but then I had another scoop of cookie dough.
And, just like that, suddenly I'm feeling better. The kids had a few more bites, and then parents jumped in on it, too. Everyone was happy.
All was forgiven in the end, all thanks to this dip.
This was a very sweet, rich dip, so you could probably feed a lot more people with it than what's listed in the recipe. It's sweetness also makes it a perfect pair for a salty dipping option like pretzels.
As for the chocolate chips, you can use any type that you prefer. I took a small survey while throwing the ingredients together and (the kids) voted overwhelmingly for milk chocolate.
Which is totally fine with me – milk chocolate is where it's at, amiright?!
We didn't get through all the dip that night, so I packed it up in the refrigerator and snacked on it some the next day.
Okay, so it might have been in the morning. Dessert for breakfast is just one of the many joys of being an adult.
And I did have a piece of toast first so I'm going to go ahead and call my early morning cookie dough binge my second breakfast. Because you see, there are no rules about second breakfast.
So, there you have it: an easy dessert dip you can whip up in a flash. It feels like I'm always stressing when we have company over, but this will easily become one of my go-to dips – and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand!
Cookie Dough Dip
Dazzle your guests by serving up dessert first with this ultra-creamy cookie dough dip with chocolate chips. It's also eggless and no bake!
rate this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature (* see recipe notes)
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips type of your choice (I used milk chocolate)
- graham crackers for serving
|Change servings? servings||Change the Units?|
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + small bowl), add in butter and cream cheese and beat on medium until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Drop mixer speed to low and add in brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spatula or spoon, fold in chocolate chips until chips are evenly dispersed.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers, nilla wafers, pretzels, or other snack food. If preparing in advance: Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Dip will need to be returned to room temperature before serving.
Please note that I am not a certified nutritionist; I am merely a quirky girl who loves food. Any nutritional information that is discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates. If nutrition is important to you, I highly encourage you to verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.