When it comes to meat, there seems to be two camps of people:
Those who like meat cooked so tender that if you so much as give it a stern look it falls right off the bone OR those who want to reenact a scene from Quest for Fire with their dinner so that they can vigorously gnaw and chew in order to get their prize.
For me, my allegiance is firmly in the fall-off-the-bone camp.
I don’t want to fight for my meal; by the time the food is on my plate, the fighting should already be done.
If I go to pick up a rib or a drumstick and the bone clatters to the plate, I’m a happy camper.
But as for The Husband?
I guess he’s still in tune with his hunting instinct, cause he wants to fight for this dinner.
The more chewy and tough the struggle then all the better for him.
So as you can probably imagine, I have a crucial decision every time I make a meat dish for dinner:
Is he going to be happy, or am I?
If you’re a crock pot enthusiast like me, I’m sure you already know how the story ends for The Night I Made Crock Pot Sticky Chicken Wings.
Crock Pots are notorious for making ultra tender meat, so – you guess it – this particular meal was a +1 for me.
I was in fall-off-the-bone heaven with this meal. And The Husband, bless his heart, was a good sport about it and still ate everything on this plate.
As for how these chicken wings turned out?
The sauce is very easy to make (just whisk it and use it, no stovetop cooking needed) and has an Asian BBQ-style flavor. The wings cooked quickly, even on low heat (four hours). If you’re in a hurry, you can cook them on high for two hours, which makes them an easy dish to throw together even after you’ve come home for the day.
And, of course, the meat was tender and falling off the bone.
And since this was a +1 meal for me, I guess I’ll need to whip together some baked wings soon in order to balance out the dinner scales in my house. All I have to do is settle on a good baked wing flavor… decisions, decisions!
Crock Pot Sticky Chicken Wings
Sticky chicken wings baked to tender perfection in an Asian-style BBQ sauce.
rate this recipe
|Change servings? wings||Change the Units?|
- Spray bottom of crock pot with cooking spray. Arrange chicken wings in a single layer along the bottom.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, sriracha, ground ginger, onion powder, and black pepper. Pour sauce over chicken wings, tossing to coat.
- Cook chicken wings on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours. If possible, turn chicken wings half way through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to create slurry. Add slurry to crock pot and mix with the sauce. Cover crockpot and cook on high for another 10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Serve chicken wings immediately with ranch dipping sauce.