Alright, you guys – we’re officially less than a week away from Halloween.
Do you have plans?
Have you watched all your favorite Halloween movies yet?
I’ve been saving most of my movie watching for Halloween night (because those are my plans for this year) and you know what any respectable movie marathon night needs? Easy-to-make party themed snacks and drinks. I’m still holding auditions for all the festive and creepy foods I’ll have on hand while I hit up the Halloween classics, but there are a few that have already made the cut – such as these ridiculously easy-to-make Monster Eye Pudding Cups.
Because if you couldn’t already tell, I am totally obsessed with monsters this year.
Halloween is such a nostalgic holiday for me – for most of my childhood, it was my absolute favorite time of the year – and that’s also what makes these pudding cups perfect for my upcoming movie night, since Snack Packs were one of my must-have lunchbox items as a kid. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I was having a Snack Pack the last time I saw movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas or The Craft… since, you know, I also liked to sneak a pudding cup or two from the cabinet on the weekends.
So once I had settled on the idea of creating monster-themed pudding cups, I made my way down to the nearest Walmart (a fancy brand new one at that!) and found all the supplies I needed. The Snack Packs were easy to find, and they had a big display on the shelf all to themselves between the jams and the other snack foods.
I was able to pick up all the other ingredients I needed at Walmart, too – all five of them: in addition to the Snack Packs, I also needed Reddi Wip, Nilla Wafers, Mini Oreo cookies, and candy melts (last item not pictured below). Because nothing says easy quite like being able to count all of the ingredients on one hand, amiright?
The most challenging part of these pudding cups is creating eyes, but it’s not even really a “challenge” – you only need to dip the Nilla Wafers in some white candy melts and place one half of a Mini Oreo cookie in the center for the iris. Kids could even help with this part, but be sure to test how hot the candy melts (and the bowl you used to melt them in) get after microwaving.
After you let the “eyes” cool and the candy sets, the next step is to decorate the Snack Pack pudding cups with Reddi Wip and crushed Mini Oreo cookies. Or, as I like to call it, creating the “monster fur.” This is another activity that’s kid-friendly for all the little ghouls and ghosts out there!
When the “monster fur” is complete, all that’s left is to plop an eye on top and get ready to dig into a super easy, creepy, and tasty Halloween dessert.
Want to make your own Monster Eye Pudding Cups and bring the nostalgia home this Halloween season? Use this coupon!
Monster Eye Pudding Cups
Creepy, easy, and fun, these festive pudding cups use only 5 ingredients and are kid friendly. Perfect for a Halloween movie night!
rate this recipe
|Change servings? pudding cups||Change the Units?|
- Cover a large plate with parchment paper and set it nearby.
- In a small bowl, melt white candy per package instructions. Drop a Nilla Wafer cookie in the candy and use a spatula to toss and coat. Making sure that the top side of the cookie is facing up, slip the spatula under the cookie. Hold the cookie up and gently shake the spatula from side to side, shaking off any excess candy coating. Let the covered Nilla Wafer slide off the spatula onto the parchment paper. Repeat this step for all the Nilla Wafer cookies.
- Take 2 Go Pak! Oreo Mini cookies and twist them apart (feel free to eat the cream inside!) Place one Mini Oreo cookie half on the center of each candy coated Nilla Wafer, logo side up. If needed, dab a little bit of white candy on the back of the Oreo Mini half to be sure it sticks to the Nilla Wafer. Repeat this step until all the Nilla Wafers have "eyes."
- Allow candy eyes to dry completely, about 15-20 minutes.
- Place remaining Oreo Mini cookies in a large ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin or meat mallet, crush the cookies within the bag into very fine crumbles. Set aside.
- Open a Snack Pack and generously spritz the top with Reddi Wip. Sprinkle Oreo Mini crumbles on top of the Reddi Wip, creating the "monster fur." Finish by placing the candy eye cookie on top. If you'd like the eye to sit upright, spray an extra bit of Reddi Wip just behind where the eye is sitting in the cup.