This apple streusel bread has a moist, cake-like texture filled with fresh diced apples and layered with cinnamon streusel. Perfect as a breakfast or a dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
About Apple Streusel Bread
Filled with fresh apples and layered with cinnamon streusel, this delicious apple streusel bread is packed with fall-themed flavors. And not only is great for your own enjoying and snacking, but it also makes for a great gift for the other apple-lovers in your life, too!
What’s in apple streusel bread?
- Apples – The star of the show! Feel free to use any type of apple that you’d like.
- Ground cinnamon – For flavoring the bread (cinnamon goes so well with apple) and creating the streusel topping.
- Flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, eggs, milk, sugar, butter – Standard baking ingredients for making delicious dessert bread and a crumbly streusel topping.
How many apples do you need?
This recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups diced apples. A medium-sized apple typically yields about 3/4 cup, which means you’ll need about two apples total for this recipe.
How long is this bread good for?
Once prepared, this bread can be stored in a sealed container on the counter for up to two to three days. If stored in the refrigerator, it could last up to five days. The flavor of the bread will intensify after two days.
Can you freeze apple streusel bread?
Yes, you totally can!
When properly stored, apple bread will keep its “best” quality for about two or three months. After that point, the texture of the bread might change, but it will remain good for up to six months frozen.
Notes & tips for apple bread
- Make sure your bread pan is nice and deep OR make sure that you leave at least one-inch of headspace between the level of the batter and the top of the pan. Many of the fun, decorate bread pans out there aren’t as deep as they should be and could cause this bread to pour over the top while baking.
More delicious breads
Other great recipes with apple
How to make apple streusel bread
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the mixture is dark and crumbly. Set bowl aside.
Step 2 – In another large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set this bowl aside, too.
Step 3 – In (yet another!) large bowl, whip the sugar and butter together until nice and smooth.
Step 4 – Mix in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and dry ingredients until incorporated. Use a spatula to gently fold the diced apple into the batter.
Step 5 – Spray a 9×5 bread loaf pan with cooking spray, then scoop in about 1/2 of the apple batter. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Next, sprinkle half of the cinnamon streusel on top of the apple batter. Pour in the remaining half of the apple batter, then finish by sprinkling the other half of the cinnamon streusel on top.
Step 6 – Bake!
Step 7 – Serve and enjoy!
Apple Streusel Bread
For the Cinnamon Streusel
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until mixture is dark and crumbly. Set bowl aside.3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/3 cup light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Apple Bread
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set bowl aside.2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl), whip together sugar and butter at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Drop mixer speed to low and add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are just blended, particularly egg yolks, about 1-2 minutes.2 large eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Keeping mixer speed on low, slowly blend in dry ingredients, about 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until dry ingredients incorporate and there are minimal clumps, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer. Add apples to bowl and use a spatula to gently fold them into batter.1 1/2 cups diced apples
Putting it All Together
- Pour 1/2 of apple batter into prepared bread pan, pushing batter into corners and smoothing with a spatula.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon streusel into pan. Do not worry about pressing into corners.
- Pour remaining apple batter on top of streusel and gently pull & spread to cover sides and corners.
- Top batter with remaining half of cinnamon streusel, covering evenly.
- Bake bread for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Let baked apple bread cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.