"Do you love Baileys? How about Oreos? Because if so, this cookies and cream dessert will be perfect for all your parties, events, or a sweet snack craving!"
Regulars of this little food blog already know how much I love party food, and this cookies and cream dessert is quickly becoming one of my favorites. With a touch of Baileys Irish Cream and chocolate Oreo cookies for dipping, it’s the perfect sweet treat to serve at any gathering.
And if you have been ’round these parts before, you might think this dip looks a little familiar – and it should. In fact, this dessert dip is in honor of another recipe I posted last year.
You see, a year ago I was woefully behind schedule… because I had wasted my entire day fawning over Spooky Mulder enjoying an X-Files marathon on Netflix (in order to get ready for the much-anticipated reboot, of course!) instead of doing the work I should be doing. And what exactly was that “work”? Well, preparing a new recipe to share with you guys, of course! But before I knew it, it was already 3PM and I had not cooked or baked or mixed a single thing.
So there I was, frantically searching my kitchen and checking the cabinets, trying to visualize what kind of recipe I could throw together (and would still be edible). And, let me tell you, I both buckle and thrive under pressure. It’s like I’m like MacGyver with a serious case of the feels. And, oh, the feels. I was in a serious panic.
I mean, okay, I might have been all up in my emotions from overdosing on eight straight hours of David Duchovny, but for now, let’s just pretend I was totally distraught over how irresponsible I had been for most of the day.
Thankfully inspiration struck, and when I finally made a decision on what would be on the blog the following day, it hinged on three ingredients:
Oreos, Baileys, and some heavy whipping cream.
And, you guys, I could see it all coming together so clearly. I was going to make Baileys Cookies and Cream Parfaits and they were going to be epic.
But do you know what I never, ever could have foreseen?
Was just how much ya’ll would love those parfaits.
Like, seriously, you guys went nuts over them. In the days after the Baileys parfait was posted, you guys broke my site trying to get to the recipe. Multiple times.
And I love you all the more for it.
So in honor of those wildly popular parfaits, I bring you the newest adaptation of my most popular recipe: Baileys Cookies and Cream Dip!
I hope you enjoy this cookies n cream treat as much as I have while I binge watched my latest obsession on Netflix!
notes & tips for this cookies and cream dessert
- Whipping homemade cream can sometimes be tricky, so I always recommend you use cream that is extremely fresh (just opened for the first time) and that it is very chilled. Either wait to remove the cream from the refrigerator until just before you’re ready to whip OR you can set the cream in the freezer for 15 minutes before use. I’ve also heard of people freezing their whisk attachments or mixing bowls, especially if your bowl is metal, glass, or porcelain. Every little bit helps!
- For this recipe, I highly recommend using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. This isn’t a recipe you can make by hand with a whisk.
- For crumbling the Oroes, you can use food processor OR put the Oroes in a Ziploc bag (gallon sized) and use a meat tenderizer or a standard rolling pin to hit and crush the cookies. If you’re using the second method, I like to put a wood cutting board underneath the bag so I don’t crack or damage my countertops.
- Before whipping the mixture, I suggest tasting it first. If you want more Baileys flavor, feel free to add more, up to 1 cup total (so you can increase from 1/3 cup to 1 cup).
- Depending on how well your cream whips, this recipe could make just enough for a big serving bowl or maybe enough for two serving bowls. If you have extra, the dip can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container (up to 2 -3 days) and used for any sort of sweet topping (or just more dip!)
- If you like Baileys, be sure to check out these recipes: Baileys Cookies and Cream Parfaits, Baileys Dark Chocolate Guinness Bread, and Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Frosting.
- Love the idea of serving dips to your guests? Be sure to check out these other stellar dip recipes for any occasion: Churro Cheesecake Dip, Cookie Dough Dip, Christmas Crack Dip, Frosted Sugar Cookie Dip, Brain Dip, Fluffy S’mores Dip, Cannoli Dip, Cadbury Creme Egg Dip, King Cake Dip, Easy Tiramisu Dip, Eggnog Dip, Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip, and Apple Brickle Dip.
Baileys Cookies and Cream Dip
Do you love Baileys? How about Oreos? Because if so, this cookies and cream dessert will be perfect for all your parties, events, or a sweet snack craving!
Scoop baileys whipped cream into a large serving bowl and sprinkle top with crumbled Oreo cookies.
Dip can be served immediately with remaining Oreo cookies for dipping.