With a chocolate brownie base and a layer of homemade cream cheese frosting, this brownie fruit pizza is a beautiful dessert with vibrant fruit toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Brownie Fruit Pizza
- What fruit should you use?
- What other ingredients will you need?
- Can you use cool whip instead?
- How should brownie fruit pizza be stored?
- Can you make this in advance?
- How long is brownie fruit pizza good for?
- Can you freeze brownie fruit pizza?
- More delicious chocolate recipes
- Other great recipes with fruit
- How to make brownie fruit pizza
- Recipe Details
About Brownie Fruit Pizza
With a vibrantly beautiful presentation, this brownie fruit pizza is simple to make, easy to customize, and has a classic flavor combination (chocolate, frosting, and fruit!) that’s always a hit with family and friends.
What fruit should you use?
This recipe calls for using a classic combination of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, but you could also try:
What other ingredients will you need?
No matter which method you choose, both types of brownies will require additional ingredients to make, and because this can vary depending on the type or brand you buy, any extras you may need are not included in the recipe below. I know this isn’t ideal, but it’s done to lessen confusion and guesswork on what the many cooks out there might use.
So before you begin making this trifle, check the back of the box(es) you buy to ensure you have the additional ingredients on hand. This will typically include baking staples such as:
Can you use cool whip instead?
Yes, you certainly can!
It all comes down to personal tastes and preferences, but Cool Whip would work just fine in place of the homemade cream cheese frosting in this recipe.
How should brownie fruit pizza be stored?
Due to the cream cheese frosting, this brownie fruit pizza should be stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve and eat.
Can you make this in advance?
Yes, brownie fruit pizza can be made in advance – but there’s a catch.
For best results, prepare the brownie base, cream cheese frosting, and sliced fruit, but hold off on assembling the fruit pizza until ready to serve. Store each item separately (in sealed/covered containers in the refrigerator) until ready to use, up to 24 hours in advance.
How long is brownie fruit pizza good for?
Once prepared and decorated, brownie fruit pizza can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can you freeze brownie fruit pizza?
Yes, you totally can!
Once prepared and decorated, brownie fruit pizza can be stored in a sealed container or freezer bag in the freezer for up to one to two months.
More delicious chocolate recipes
Other great recipes with fruit
How to make brownie fruit pizza
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – Start off by preparing the fudge brownies (or homemade brownies) per package instructions, using a rimmed 12 or 14 inch round pan.
Step 2 – Bake!
Step 3 – Allow the brownie base to completely cool before decorating, about 2 hours.
Step 4 – Make the cream cheese frosting by whipping together the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
Step 5 – Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the baked brownie base, then decorate with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
Step 6 – Serve and enjoy!
Brownie Fruit Pizza
- Using a rimmed 12 or 14 inch round pan, prepare fudge brownies per package instructions.
- Bake brownie base for 15 minutes or until top has a flaky film and edges are firm.
- Transfer baked brownie base to a wire cooling rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Keeping speed on medium-low, pour in heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Increase speed to medium and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Using a spatula, spread cream cheese frosting over prepared brownie base in an even layer. Top with sliced strawberries and decorate with raspberries and blueberries.
- Slice and serve immediately.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.