"If you love Cadbury Creme Eggs, you'll love this dip! Sweet and sticky, just like the candy, it's the best way to share creme eggs with everyone!"
Not gonna lie, I’m very excited about this recipe, for who big reasons:
For one, I love this time of year because I’m absolutely obsessed with Cadbury Creme Eggs. No, not even obsessed – that’s far too mild a term to encompass my undying love. I am happily addicted to these delicious little candies and have been since I was a kid. I devoured as many of them as my parents would allow in the 80’s and 90’s, and as an adult, I’ll buy those cute little boxes of four and sit down thinking, “I’ll just have one.” A whole empty box later, I’m already reaching for the other box of four I bought so I can make short work of those, too. These little candies totally have me wrapped around their milk chocolate shell.
And as evident in point numbero uno, I would gladly enjoy creme eggs all year around – but, alas, that’s not possible. These little gems only brighten our lives around certain holidays.
Total bummer, right?
Well now, finally, I have a solution to that problem… in the form of Cadbury Creme Egg Dip.
This dip is made completely from scratch, so you can enjoy Cadbury’s iconic taste even in the middle of summer or winter.
If you use mini chocolate bars for dipping (which I highly recommend) the taste is spot on for classic the creme eggs.
But be warned: the dip is sticky and gooey, just like the candy eggs it pays homage to, though the whipped cream goes a long way in softening it up for easy dipping.
Now, I can’t take full credit for this genius idea. Regular readers already know what I sucker I am for dessert dips, so the foundation was already there, but my dear friend Olivia is the one that suggested that creme eggs were in dire need of the dessert dip treatment.
And I was clearly in no position to say no to her, seeing as how I’d finished my second box of creme eggs the night before and was already having withdrawals.
So yes, I told her, “of course I’m up for trying to make a creme egg dip. Right now. Be right back.”
This dip may very well take the thrown as my all-time favorite.
It has everything you could possibly want: festive colors, sugary taste, creamy texture, and a little bit gooey (in all the right ways – trust me) that will make eating the dip fun.
I could totally see myself making this year round, mixing up the colors to match whatever event seemed fitting.
I already can’t wait to make it again!
Cadbury Creme Egg Dip
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl), beat the corn syrup, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together on medium-high until smooth. Mixture will be very sticky. Tip: Add powdered sugar slowly, mixing in between. If the mixture gets too thick, move on to the next step with the cool whip, then blend in the remaining powdered sugar.
- Add in cool whip and beat on medium. When mixture looks smooth (about 3-4 minutes) use a spatula to thoroughly scrape around the sides, then beat again for another 3-4 minutes. If needed, repeat with scraping and mixing until the sticky sugar mix is completely combined with the cool whip.
- Remove 3/4 of the dip and place in a serving bowl. Make a small well in the top where the orange dip will go.
- For the dip remaining in the mixing bowl, add orange food coloring 1 drop at a time until desired color is reached. For mine, I used 4 drops of gel food coloring.
- Scoop orange dip in the well you created in the white dip.
- Serve immediately with milk or dark chocolate candy bars for dipping.