With spicy shrimp wrapped in bacon and homemade chipotle garlic aioli for dipping, these cajun bacon wrapped shrimp are perfect for fun snaking or easy serving.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Cajun Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- What do you need to make bacon wrapped shrimp?
- How long do you cook shrimp wrapped in bacon?
- What to serve with bacon wrapped shrimp
- How long are bacon wrapped shrimp good for?
- Can you freeze Cajun bacon wrapped shrimp?
- How to make Cajun bacon wrapped shrimp
- Recipe Details
About Cajun Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Bacon makes everything better, and that case couldn’t be more true for shrimp. Shrimp is good on its own, of course, so that just means it’s even better when wrapped in bacon.
Plus, when you add a dash of Cajun seasoning and a homemade chipotle garlic aioli, now you’ve got a meal (or snack, or appetizer) that’s kicked all the flavor up to the next notch.
What do you need to make bacon wrapped shrimp?
For such fancy looking eats, bacon wrapped shrimp are easy to make and require simple baking tools, such as:
- Baking sheet – Standard in most kitchens, and always a good investment to have a few.
- Aluminum foil – Can also use parchment paper, if you’d prefer.
- Knife – For cutting the bacon.
- Toothpicks – For securing the bacon once it’s wrapped around the shrimp.
- Baking rack – Not common in most kitchens, but very useful for broiling meats. These are oven-safe wire racks that can be easily placed on baking sheets to help get airflow beneath meats while you’ve got your oven set to broil.
How long do you cook shrimp wrapped in bacon?
For this recipe, you’ll be cooking the bacon wrapped shrimp for 20 minutes and then broiling them for a few additional minutes.
What to serve with bacon wrapped shrimp
These Cajun shrimp pack some great flavor, so you should be looking for mild side dishes to help cut some of the heat, such as:
- Orzo Pasta Salad
- Baked Onion Rings
- Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Egg Salad
- 3 Bean Salad
- Irish Colcannon
- Buttermilk Cornbread
- Waldorf Salad
- 10 Minute Parmesan Asparagus
How long are bacon wrapped shrimp good for?
Once prepared, I highly recommend enjoying bacon wrapped shrimp immediately.
You could store the shrimp in the fridge, but be warned: the bacon will soften and possibly become chewy. However, you could always broil the shrimps again to zap some life back into the bacon. So if you’re willing to risk it for the biscuit, you can store the shrimp in the fridge in a sealed container for up to three days.
Can you freeze Cajun bacon wrapped shrimp?
Yes, you totally can! But keep in mind that the same limitations about refrigeration will apply to freezing (see above).
One prepared, store the bacon wrapped shrimp in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to two months.
How to make Cajun bacon wrapped shrimp
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – Start off by tossing the shrimp and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl, then set it aside.
Step 2 – Slice up each slice of bacon into three sections, so that you have 15 strips.
Step 3 – Wrap each piece of shrimp with a single strip of bacon, then use a toothpick to anchor the bacon in place.
Step 4 – In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, cayenne pepper, and garlic, then use a basting brush to coat both sides of the bacon wrapped shrimp with the honey pepper sauce.
Step 6 – Bake!
Step 7 – While the shrimp bake, whip up the chipotle garlic aioli by mixing the mayonnaise, chipotle seasoning, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth, then set aside.
Step 8 – Once the shrimp are done baking, set your oven to broil. Brush both sides of the shrimp with more of the honey pepper sauce. Place shrimp on a baking rack on the baking sheet and arrange the shrimp on top.
Step 9 – Broil shrimp for a few minutes.
Step 10 – Serve shrimp immediately with chipotle garlic aioli and garnished with chopped green onion (optional).
Cajun Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
For the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- While shrimp marinates, cut each piece of bacon into 3 equal sections (for 15 total strips).
- Starting from the head, wrap 1 bacon strip around each shrimp. Secure the end of the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all shrimp are wrapped. NOTE: While wrapping, some overlapping of the bacon is fine, but keep it minimal.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic, and black pepper, then divide the honey pepper sauce in half.
- Using a basting brush, use one half of the honey pepper sauce to coat the bacon wrapped shrimp, covering both sides. Place the coated bacon wrapped shrimp on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step until all shrimp are coated. NOTE: Save the other half of the honey pepper sauce for basting the shrimp again after baking.
- Bake bacon wrapped shrimp for 20 minutes.
For the Chipotle Garlic Aioli
- While the shrimp bakes, add the mayonnaise, chipotle seasoning, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk until creamy, then set aside.
Putting it all together
- Once shrimp are baked, remove from oven. Set oven to broil.
- Baste both sides of bacon wrapped shrimp again with the honey pepper sauce.
- Place a wire baking rack on the baking sheet, then arrange bacon wrapped shrimp on top.
- Broil shrimp for 2 minutes.
- Serve Cajun bacon wrapped shrimp immediately with chipotle aioli dip and chopped green onion as garnish (optional).
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.