This fall-infused candy corn hot chocolate is made with a white chocolate base and thickened with heavy cream. Garnish it with marshmallows and fun sprinkles!
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Candy Corn Hot Chocolate
- What’s in candy corn hot chocolate?
- What type of chocolate should you use?
- What toppings can you add?
- How long is this hot chocolate good for?
- Notes & tips for candy corn hot chocolate
- More fun Halloween recipes
- Other tasty drinks to try
- How to make candy corn hot chocolate
- Recipe Details
About Candy Corn Hot Chocolate
With fall comes two things: cool weather and candy corn. Well, there’s a bit more than that going on, of course, but for the moment, we’re focusing on chilly temperatures and candy.
Because when the autumn winds roll in and the store shelves fill with orange and yellow candy, you know what you can do?
Make candy corn hot chocolate, of course!
And what better way to enjoy this iconic seasonal candy than in a piping hot mug mixed with melted white chocolate and cream? It’s the perfect way to warm up on those frosty nights!
What’s in candy corn hot chocolate?
To pour a cozy, Halloween-themed mug of candy corn hot chocolate, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Candy corn – The star of the show! Feel free to use classic candy corn or candy pumpkins that are made in a similar style.
- White chocolate chips – For a dose of white chocolate flavor and creaminess.
- Milk and heavy whipping cream – because every hot chocolate needs some dairy. Helps provide flavor and more creaminess.
- Water and vanilla – For flavor and consistency.
- Marshmallows – Totally optional, but these are a classic hot chocolate garnish.
What type of chocolate should you use?
There are many different brands of chocolate chips – even some made by popular candy companies – but from my experience, the best chocolate for baking, fudges, or truffles is Ghirardelli. It consistently performs well while baking, has a great texture (never chalky), and has a delicious flavor. This brand is a little more expensive, but trust me, you’ll appreciate the flavor and consistency you’ll get from the premium quality.
What toppings can you add?
The only thing better than hot chocolate is hot chocolate with toppings! To make the most out of this drink, top it with some of the following:
- Marshmallows (as pictured). You can use large marshmallows, mini marshmallows, or dehydrated marshmallows.
- Halloween peeps.
- More candy corn, either whole or chopped up.
- Whipped cream.
- Hot fudge or caramel.
- Chocolate shavings.
- Graham cracker crumbs.
How long is this hot chocolate good for?
For best results, I recommend enjoying this drink when it’s freshly made and hot. If you try to store it, the white chocolate may separate and settle at the bottom of the drink.
Notes & tips for candy corn hot chocolate
- I used white chocolate chips for this drink because it compliments the candy corn so well, but you could also try semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- If you’d like to decorate the glasses, melt more white hot chocolate and dip the rim of the glass to coat it, then dip the coated rim in some festive sanding sugar.
More fun Halloween recipes
Other tasty drinks to try
How to make candy corn hot chocolate
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 2 – Reduce heat to medium, then whisk in the milk, heavy whipping cream, and white chocolate chips. Continue to cook and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Step 3 – Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the vanilla.
Step 4 – Serve and enjoy!
Candy Corn Hot Chocolate
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Add candy corn and heat, stirring constantly, until candy corn has melted.1/2 cup water, 2/3 cup candy corn
- Reduce heat to medium and pour in milk, heavy cream, and white chocolate chips. Continue to cook and stir until white chocolate chips have melted and liquid is smooth.1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated.1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Serve immediately with marshmallows for garnish (optional).mini marshmallows
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.