This made-from-scratch carrot cake smoothie is the perfectly easy way to cure a sweet tooth craving. Plus, it’s great for using up extra ingredients you already have in your fridge and pantry!
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
About Carrot Cake Smoothie
On the days when I have to tell myself, “it’s only Tuesday,” that’s when I am dire need of a big slice of cake. And if baking a cake from scratch seems like too much effort, I’ll treat myself and go buy a cake. And if leaving the house is simply beyond my motivation level, I’ll do the next best thing: I’ll make a cake smoothie.
Which is exactly what I did today, and let me tell you, it was glorious.
I’ve also been trying to get more into the “spring spirit” lately (wishful thinking, I know), so this time around, I chose to make a carrot cake smoothie.
And I know what you might be thinking:
Of all the flavors to pick from, you went with carrot cake? Really?
Well, yeah. Why not carrot cake?
Carrot cake doesn’t get near the attention it deserves, but it can be just as fun and versatile as any other classic flavor.
What’s in a carrot cake smoothie?
There are a few different ways you can make a carrot cake smoothie, but for this recipe, it is made entirely from scratch. However, don’t let this intimidate you; the ingredient list isn’t far-fetched. In fact, this turns out to be a great recipe to help you use up any leftover ingredients.
To make this cake smoothie, you’ll need:
- A banana.
- Shredded carrots.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt (or Greek yogurt with a touch of vanilla extract).
- Milk and heavy whipping cream.
- A sweetener of your choice. I used honey, but you could also use maple syrup, agave, or just plain sugar.
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
How do you make a carrot cake smoothie?
Other than the flavor, do you know what my other favorite part about this recipe is?
The easy preparation!
You only need to put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
That’s all there is to it!
You can be sipping your smoothie in less than five minutes from start to finish.
Notes & tips for this cake smoothie
- You’ll need a trusty food processor for this recipe. I bought the Ninja Blender System almost 10 years ago and it hasn’t failed me yet!
More fun cake-themed desserts
- Funfetti Cake Batter Milkshake
- Cake Batter Dip
- Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- Red Velvet Dip
- Funfetti Puppy Chow
- Red Velvet Puppy Chow
This post was originally posted on September 2nd, 2015. It was updated on February 20th, 2018.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth, roughly 30-60 seconds at a time.
- Serve smoothie immediately with whipped cream on top (optional). If smoothie is too thick, add 1/4 cup milk until desired consistency is reached.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I'm not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.