This decadent made-from-scratch carrot cake smoothie is a delicious blend of carrots, cream, vanilla greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Carrot Cake Smoothie
- What’s in a carrot cake smoothie?
- Should you shred your own carrots?
- What kind of toppings can you use?
- How long is a smoothie good for?
- Can you freeze this smoothie?
- Notes & tips for this cake smoothie
- More delicious drink recipes
- Other fun Easter recipes
- How to make a carrot cake smoothie
- Recipe Details
About Carrot Cake Smoothie
Enjoy the sweet and subtle flavors of carrot cake in this decadent and picture-perfect carrot cake smoothie.
Plus, this smoothie is made with all real ingredients in under five minutes, making it a quick and healthier alternative for your sweet tooth cravings.
What’s in a carrot cake smoothie?
There are a few different ways you can make a carrot cake smoothie, but this version is made entirely from scratch. However, don’t let this intimidate you; the ingredient is still very simple. In fact, this turns out to be a great recipe to help you use up any leftover ingredients.
To make this cake smoothie, you’ll need:
- A frozen banana, peeled and diced.
- Shredded carrot.
- Vanilla Greek yogurt (or Greek yogurt with a touch of vanilla extract).
- Milk and heavy whipping cream.
- A sweetener of your choice. I used honey, but you could also use maple syrup, agave, or just plain sugar.
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Should you shred your own carrots?
Packaged pre-shredded carrots are super convenient, but they tend to be on the dry side. Depending on how delicate your pallet is, you might be able to tell – especially if some larger pieces of carrot manage to survive the journey through your food processor.
For best results, grate your own carrots. It’ll take a little more time and effort, but it’ll pay off when your carrot cake bread has a soft, moist texture.
You will need about one medium carrot to make enough shredded carrot for this recipe.
What kind of toppings can you use?
Smoothies are delicious on their own, but part of the fun is adding a dash of your favorite flavors by decorating the top of the drink. If you’re looking for options, I’d recommend:
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- More shredded carrots.
- More ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Crystalized ginger.
- Shaved, flaked, or coconut, sweetened or unsweetened.
- Toasted walnuts or toasted pecans.
- Caramel sauce.
How long is a smoothie good for?
This smoothie is best enjoyed when fresh, but it can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one to two days.
Can you freeze this smoothie?
Yes, you totally can!
Once prepared, this carrot cake smoothie can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to one month.
Notes & tips for this cake smoothie
- In order to get the blended smoothie consistency you know and love, you’ll need a trusty food processor to make this recipe.
More delicious drink recipes
Other fun Easter recipes
How to make a carrot cake smoothie
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – In a food processor, toss in the following ingredients: banana, carrot, milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla greek yogurt, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Step 2 – Check the consistency. If the smoothie seems too thick, add a bit more milk.
Step 3 – Serve and enjoy!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Add carrot, banana, vanilla greek yogurt, milk, heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, honey, ginger, and nutmeg to a food processor and pulse until smooth, roughly 30-60 seconds at a time.1 medium frozen peeled and diced banana, 1 cup shredded carrot, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 pinch ground ginger, 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Check smoothie consistency; if smoothie is too thick, add up to 1/4 cup milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve smoothie immediately with whipped cream on top (optional).whipped cream
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.