About Cheesy Spaghetti Stuffed Peppers
I feel like I’ve taken the tour of Italy this week, what with the Lasagna Zucchini Boats on Monday and now with these Italian stuffed peppers full of cheese, spaghetti, and tasty Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce, but you know what?
That’s totally fine by me, seeing as I could easily live off of Italian food, 24/7/365.
Cause I mean, how can you ever get board with a cuisine that lets you do delicious (and creative) meals like this?!
Although I have to admit, a year ago I never would have made a dish like this. Back then, bell peppers (and pretty much all their peppery brethren) were firmly in my “do not eat” category.
And if you’ve read this far I think it’s safe to assume that you’re clearly in the “pro” camp when it comes to peppers, so I bet by now you’re wondering: what in the world was wrong with me a year ago?
Well, the best defense I have to is to tell you that I also didn’t like good steak until I was in my mid-twenties, or that I didn’t like a good I red wine until my late twenties, or that I didn’t like cooked onions until I was 29.
I guess that I’m trying to say is that my thirties have been all about redeeming myself for the missed food opportunities between the ages of 0 and 29.
I’ve still got a long way to go, but I can already tell I’m going to be spending a little extra time on bell peppers before moving on to the next food on my to-eat bucket list.
Another great perk to this recipe?
Just how easy it is to throw together.
I’ve really fallen in love with Ragu’s new Homestyle sauces, and their Thick & Hearty Four Cheese flavor was absolutely perfect for these stuffed peppers.
And as a final bonus, these peppers also make for great leftovers. As I type this, The Husband is on his way to work with the few remaining stuffed peppers I could stand to spare and so that his coworkers could have a hot, homemade lunch today.
Which is fine by me, since now I have the perfect excuse to whip up another batch of these peppers!
That’s a win/win situation if there ever was one, amirite?
Cheesy Spaghetti Stuffed Peppers
Cook spaghetti per package instructions, then drain. Place spaghetti in a bowl and cover with a towel until ready to mix.
- While spaghetti cooks, prepare bell peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the seeds and ribs. If any of the bell peppers do not stand upright on their own, cut a little off the bottom so that they're level. Arrange bell peppers in the prepared baking dish.
- Also while pasta cooks, add ricotta, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, and Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce to a large bowl and mix together until smooth. If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the bowl with the cheese sauce and toss to coat.
- Fill prepared peppers evenly with coasted pasta. Pasta should be to the top of the peppers but not overflowing.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of peppers, then bake uncovered for another 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese has melted.
- Serve spaghetti stuffed peppers immediately with fresh basil garnish.