Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Have the taste of classic cherry cheesecake to your party without all the trouble thanks to this easy four-ingredient cherry cheesecake dip. Perfect to make in advance and easy to customize with different cookies or crackers.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- What is cherry cheesecake dip?
- What to eat with dessert dip?
- How long can you leave out a dessert dip?
- Can cherry cheesecake dip be made in advance?
- How long does cherry cheesecake dip last?
- Can you freeze cherry cheesecake dip?
- Notes & tips for this cheesecake dip
- More fun dessert dips
- More great recipes with cherries
- How to make cherry cheesecake dip
- Recipe Details
About Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Hosting a party is fun and all, but the food can be a bit of a hassle. Between the timing and the dishes and all the extra work, sometimes it’s a challenge to even enjoy the party you’re throwing.
But that, my friends, is exactly why I love appetizers.
Or, more specifically, dips.
And, more accurately, dessert dips.
Because there are very few things easier (or pretty or delicious!) than whipping up this cherry cheesecake dip with graham crackers.
What is cherry cheesecake dip?
First and foremost, it’s important to note that this is a no-bake dip.
So there’s no need to preheat the oven, or worry about where to store a hot plate on your table, or fret about how the dip is growing cold and no one’s eating it.
All you have to do is mix, layer, and go.
But what exactly are you mixing?
This dip has a pseudo cheesecake base made of marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and cool whip. These are mixed together until creamy and layered at the bottom of a wide dish about (I’d recommend about 8×8 inches in size).
Then, to top it all off, a whole can of cherry cheesecake filling is spread on top of the cheesecake layer.
For those of you counting along at home, that means this delicious dip only has four ingredients.
What to eat with dessert dip?
After making so many dessert dips, I have a whole list of options that go great with these creamy treats.
Feel free to try one (or many!) of these with your cheesecake dip.
- Nilla Wafers
- Graham Crackers
- Ladyfinger cookies
- Golden Oreos
- Sugar Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Cubes of pound cake
- Crumbled waffle cones
- Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
And the list could go on and on. If you find a new combination for dipping, I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
How long can you leave out a dessert dip?
As with any appetizer, you should keep track of how long it sits out at room temperature.
For most foods, the general rule of thumb is that a perishable item should not be in the “danger zone” for more than two hours. And by “danger zone”, this is usually at or just above room temperature, which is how this dip will be served.
As the party goes on, you can move your dip back to the refrigerator once you get past the two-hour mark. If your guests still want more dip, let it chill for at least 30 minutes before bringing it back out again.
Can cherry cheesecake dip be made in advance?
Yes, it totally can!
To ensure the best presentation, this dip can be made up to 24 hours in advance. The only concern is the cherry pie filling; if left to sit on the cream layer for too long, they may saturate and mix. You can avoid this by waiting to top the dip with cherry pie filling until just before serving.
Allow the dip to soften at room temperature (typically one hour should do) before serving.
How long does cherry cheesecake dip last?
Once prepared, cherry cheesecake dip can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two to three days.
Can you freeze cherry cheesecake dip?
Yes, you totally can!
Once prepared, this dip can be stored in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to three months.
Notes & tips for this cheesecake dip
- You can use any serving dish you’d like for this treat, but I think it works best in a clear dish. That way your guests can see the layers of the dip.
More fun dessert dips
More great recipes with cherries
How to make cherry cheesecake dip
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), whip together the following ingredients until fluffy: cream cheese and marshmallow creme.
Step 2 – Turn off the mixer and fold in the cool whip.
Step 3 – Transfer the cheesecake mixture into a wide, shallow dish (I used an 8×8 baking dish) and spread into an even layer.
Step 4 – Top with cherry pie filling and smooth it out.
Step 5 – Serve and enjoy!
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme, (1 tub)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, softened
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- graham crackers, for dipping
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + large bowl), beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme on medium high speed until smooth, about 7-9 minutes.8 ounces cream cheese, 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- Remove bowl from mixer. Add in Cool Whip and use a spatula to gently fold ingredients together.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Pour cheesecake mixture into a wide dish (I used an 8×8 baking dish) and spread into an even layer.
- Scoop cherry pie filling on top and gently spread to cover cheesecake layer.21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Serve dip immediately with graham crackers or cookies for dipping.graham crackers
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.