"The best way to enjoy a sugary cinnamon churro! Creamy cheesecake laced with cinnamon cream that's topped with a cinnamon crumble and served with cookies."
It’s been a little bit since I posted my last dessert dip (okay, okay, fine – it’s only been just over a month) but I came up with this idea last week and ever since I’ve been so hyped to share it with you.
I’m a big dessert lover (if you couldn’t already tell) but there are only a handful of desserts I’ll always try to get when the opportunity presents itself. It just so happens that crispy churros – with their sinfully sweet cinnamon coating – are one of those treats.
You can make churros a variety of ways (and I’ve done it before), but like most desserts, I wanted something easier. Faster. Ready in only a few minutes so that when The Husband and I host our next house party I’ll have a new dish I can quickly throw together and serve our guests.
And that, my friends, is how Churro Cheesecake Dip was born.
I opted to go with a cheesecake base this time around, as it was the best way to combine the right about of cinnamon with the right kind of texture. The cinnamon cream was too overpowering on it’s own.
However, like most of the dessert dips I post, the cream cheese is absolutely crucial for obtaining that ultra creamy texture.
Because, really, what fun is a dessert dip if you don’t have a little fun while dipping?
Another fun perk of this dip?
With Cinco de Mayo on the horizon, I love that not only will this recipe give me something new to serve our party guests but also it provides a new way to enjoy this Spanish classic. I’m going to do my best to keep it a secret from my neighbors over the next few months – I can’t wait to see their reaction!
So, what about you?
What is your favorite churro recipe?
I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Churro Cheesecake Dip
Churro Cheesecake Dip
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the Churro Cheesecake Dip
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), whisk together cinnamon, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon cream from the bowl (don't need to be neat - it's okay if there's still cream in the bowl or on the beaters) and add cream cheese. Whip on medium-high until fluffy, about another 3-5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon cream back to the bowl and use a spatula to fold the cream and whipped cream cheese together until thoroughly combined and smooth.
For the Cinnamon Crumble
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together butter, granulated sugar, and cinnamon until mixture is dark and crumbly.
Putting it All Together
- Add churro cheesecake dip to a serving bowl of your choice. Sprinkle top with cinnamon crumble. Churro cheesecake dip with cookies of your choice (works best when using a mild-flavored cookie).