Ultra creamy and made from scratch, this cilantro lime ranch has a tangy, refreshing flavor, making it a tasty accompaniment for meaty dishes and fresh veggies.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
- About Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- How long is cilantro lime ranch good for?
- Can you freeze this dressing?
- What’s in cilantro ranch dressing?
- What can you serve with cilantro lime ranch?
- Notes & tips for homemade cilantro ranch dressing
- More savory dip recipes
- Other recipes with lemon and lime
- How to make cilantro lime ranch
- Recipe Details
About Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
Ranch dressing may be a midwestern classic, but this southwestern version is its bright-and-tangy-flavored cousin that tastes just as good (if not better!) on all the same foods.
And like any homemade dressing, this cilantro lime ranch tastes so much better than storebought, with the added bonus of being able to adjust all key flavors exactly to your liking.
How long is cilantro lime ranch good for?
Once prepared, homemade ranch should remain good in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can you freeze this dressing?
Yes, you can freeze it, but be warned – the ingredients may separate or break down while thawing. You might be able to get past this by thoroughly mixing it again, but the consistency might not ever be as creamy as it was when first made. However, the flavor should remain the same.
Once frozen in a sealed container, ranch dressing should remain good for up to two months.
What’s in cilantro ranch dressing?
For this specific recipe, you’ll need the following:
- Mayonnaise and Sour Cream – Provides a creamy base for texture.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Helps make the dip “pourable.” Heavy whipping cream was chosen to keep the tanginess down, but you can also use buttermilk instead if you’d prefer.
- Lime Juice and Lime Zest – Key parts that help bring the added flavor to this dressing. Feel free to adjust these to your liking.
- Fresh Cilantro and Scallion – Both the other part of this dressing’s namesake and adds a little bit of texture.
- Garlic – Because, garlic! Garlic is life. Feel free to adjust this as you’d like.
- Salt and Pepper – Standard seasonings and can be easily adjusted (or omitted) per your tastes.
What can you serve with cilantro lime ranch?
This dressing has a tangy, bright flavor, making it perfect for marinated meaty dishes or other Mexican-themed flavors, such as:
- Fresh salads with Mexican blend cheese, grilled corn, or avocado.
- Grilled shrimp or chicken kabobs.
- Grilled or fresh veggies, like a vegetable platter.
- One of the dips in a themed charcuterie board.
- A dip for fried foods, like french fries, onion rings, tater tots, etc.
- A dip for dry-rub chicken wings.
- A dressing or dip for tacos, flatbreads, chips, etc.
Notes & tips for homemade cilantro ranch dressing
- To prolong the life of the prepared dressing, make sure all of the perishable ingredients you use (dairy, fruits, etc) are as fresh as possible.
More savory dip recipes
Other recipes with lemon and lime
How to make cilantro lime ranch
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – In a medium bowl, whisk together the following ingredients: sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy whipping cream, lime juice, cilantro, scallion, garlic, lime zest, salt, and pepper until smooth. Taste test the dressing; if needed, adjust the lime zest, garlic, salt, or pepper as desired.
Step 2 – Serve and enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Ranch
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.