"Dazzle your guests by serving up dessert first with this ultra-creamy chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe. It's also eggless and no bake!"
Is it too soon to post another cookie dough recipe?
Well, sorry (yet not sorry at all) but I just can’t help myself. This chocolate chip cookie dip simply had to be made.
And I must have had a bigger dose of cookie dough cravings than I thought, because not only did I make (and eat all of) these Red Velvet Cookie Dough Bars, but when we had company come the following Friday and I needed a fast and easy dessert, I whipped up this chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe.
But can you blame me? It’s a cookie dough recipe we’re talking about here. And graham crackers. Or maybe pretzels, if that sweet and salty combo if your thing.
Plus, we wouldn’t have been proper hosts to our guests if we didn’t pump their kids full of sugar at 8PM. Because I’m sure their parents just loved us for that.
Though, in my defense, it wasn’t until after this chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe was already whipped, served, and scooped on to graham crackers that I realized what time it was. And I did start to feel a little bit bad about it. Really, I did.
But then I watched the parents scoop up their own helping of chocolate chip cookie dough dip and didn’t feel quite as guilty.
As the kids zoomed around the room, all was forgiven in the end (I think), and it was all thanks to this chocolate chip cookie dip.
As for the dip itself? It has a very sweet, rich flavor, which makes it a prime candidate for a crowd pleaser. It’s sweetness also makes it a perfect pair for a salty dipping option like pretzels.
As for the chocolate chips, you can use any type that you prefer. I took a small survey while throwing the ingredients together and (the kids) voted overwhelmingly for milk chocolate.
Which is totally fine with me – milk chocolate is where it’s at, amirite?!
We didn’t get through all the dip that night, so I packed it up in the refrigerator and snacked on it some the next day. Okay, okay, fine – so it might have been in the morning – but dessert for breakfast is just one of the many joys of being an adult.
And I did have a piece of toast first, so I’m going to go ahead and call my early morning chocolate chip cookie dip binge my second breakfast. And there are no rules about second breakfast.
So, there you have it: an easy dessert dip you can whip up in a flash and can be made in advance. It feels like I’m always stressing when we have company over, but this will easily become one of my go-to dips – and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand!
notes & tips for cookie dough dip:
- The best part about this recipe? You can relive all those childhood memories of licking the beaters without getting those judgmental “don’t eat raw eggs or raw flour” side eye looks that seem all too common these days. This recipe is eggless and flour free, so enjoy it to your wildest content!
- This dip is made using softened butter and cream cheese to make mixing easier, and it also makes for an especially creamy dip. However, if you’d like the dip to be a bit firmer, put it in the serving bowl of your choice and refrigerate for 1-3 hours, checking the consistency until it’s as firm as you’d like it to be.
- For this recipe, I highly recommend using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. This isn’t a recipe you can make by hand with a whisk.
- If making the dip in advance, refrigerate in a covered container overnight, then allow the dip to soften on your counter until it has a firmness you’d like for dipping.
- Change this dessert up with serving it with different options. Graham Crackers and Nilla Wafers are always good choices because they’re pretty mild, but you could go for the sweet & salty combo by serving them with pretzels. There are plenty of options out there – pick your favorite snack food and see how it tastes!
- Love the idea of serving dips to your guests? Be sure to check out these other stellar dip recipes for any occasion: Churro Cheesecake Dip, Baileys Cookies and Cream Dip, Christmas Crack Dip, Frosted Sugar Cookie Dip, Brain Dip, Fluffy S’mores Dip, Cannoli Dip, Cadbury Creme Egg Dip, King Cake Dip, Easy Tiramisu Dip, Eggnog Dip, Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip, and Apple Brickle Dip.
Cookie Dough Dip
Dazzle your guests by serving up dessert first with this ultra-creamy chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe. It's also eggless and no bake!
- Drop mixer speed to low and add in brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Using a spatula or spoon, fold in chocolate chips until chips are evenly dispersed.
Serve immediately with graham crackers, nilla wafers, pretzels, or other snack food for dipping. If preparing in advance: Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Dip will need to be softened to room temperature before serving.
* Some commenters have suggested using 1/3 cup butter. I tried this version and also liked it, so it's a solid option if you'd like to go a little easier on the butter.