About Creamy & Smoky Cilantro Lime Chicken
After more than a two weak break from chicken recipes, I’m back with another uber simple one-pan dinner that’ll be perfect for busy weeknights:
Tender chicken breasts cooked in a creamy sauce flavored with smoked paprika, lime, and cilantro.
I hope that sounds as good to you as it did to me, though I’ll admit I’m still not over my obsession with smoked paprika.
Chicken goes with everything and most of the time it’s easy to substitute it for turkey or other vegetarian-friendly meat alternatives.
I’m pretty sure this is the reason why chicken recipes are by far the most popular on my blog, so I’m always looking for new and creative ways to prepare it.
Gotta give the people what they want, right?
It also doesn’t hurt that I went to Costco this week, so I’ve got a freezer chock-full of chicken just ready to be transformed into culinary goodness.
Might as well brace yourselves now because there’s going to be plenty more chicken recipes where this came from.
But trust me, that’s not a bad thing.
In addition to all the tasty chicken, you’ll probably also start seeing a lot more one-pan meals from me, because right now that’s the only type of dish that fits in my schedule.
For those that might not know, I’ve begun working crazy long hours in order to achieve the coveted “career blogger” dream, so I need recipes that are fast, require minimal cleanup, and yet still taste great (so I have the fuel to keep going).
So far this journey has been as awesome as it is stressful, but having an excuse to make dinners like this is worth it’s weight in gold.
Or chicken, if you were to tally up what I spent all my money on recently.
Seriously, I wasn’t kidding about the state of my freezer.
Be prepared – like winter, chicken is coming.
More great chicken recipes
Creamy & Smoky Cilantro Lime Chicken
- In a large oven-safe skillet, warm olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts to skillet and brown the outsides for 7 minutes, turning once half way through. Note: chicken does not need to be completely cooked through at this stage. Set browned chicken on a plate and cover tightly with foil.
- Remove skillet from heat and add onion, cilantro, chicken broth, smoked paprika, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using a spatula, stir ingredients and gently scrape any chicken or brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Return skillet to heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Sauce should reduce by 1/2.
- While sauce simmers, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Once sauce has cooked, add in heavy cream and chopped butter. Continue to heat and stir until butter has melted.
- Add chicken breasts back to skillet and flip a few times to lightly coat with sauce. Arrange chicken in the skillet so that no pieces are touching.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.
- Serve immeidately with cilantro and lime wedges as garnish.