"A decadent dip that tastes just like a tiramisu dessert but made in a fraction of the time. All the taste without all the trouble!"
I think it’s official:
I am obsessed with dessert dips.
Like, shamelessly infatuated with creamy sweets that I can dunk cookies and graham crackers in.
It’s probably due to all the creamy sweets and the cookies involved.
Just a guess.
So let’s tally all these dips up:
I started off with Cookie Dough Dip, moved on to Apple Brickle Dip with Chocolate Bits, and my last endeavor was Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip with White Chocolate Graham Crackers (yeesh, longest recipe name ever).
I love all of these dips, but if any of them had a flaw, it would probably be their common ingredient: cream cheese. And I have absolutely nothing against cream cheese – cream cheese makes some of my favorite foods possible – it’s just that, well, cream cheese has a very dominating flavor. If something has cream cheese in it, you’ll just know, because there’s no denying the trademark tart bite that comes with it.
… And that brings me to exactly why I’m so excited about this dip, because it doesn’t use cream cheese.
True to its namesake, the fluffy and creamy texture of the dip comes from classic tiramisu ingredients like mascarpone cheese and heavy cream.
Sugar is added to give the dip some sweetness, plus a dash of Kahlua for that boozy coffee taste, and then cocoa powder is sprinkled on top to finish it off.
Voilà. you now have the perfect dip for dipping lady finger cookies. This dip is also very very light and not too sweet, making it an easy crowd pleaser.
And it’s also very addicting. I should know, because this dip didn’t last very long after these photos were taken… and I was home alone that day. By obsession is clearly still in full swing.
Even still, I can’t wait to serve this at our next get together. Hopefully our guests will save me from myself by eating it all before I can, because this tiramisu dip has to be my favorite dessert dip yet!
Easy Tiramisu Dip
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream very cold
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Kahlua chilled
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- lady finger cookies for dipping
- Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + medium bowl), whip mascarpone cheese on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Keeping speed on medium high, add heavy whipping cream, granulated sugar, and Kahlua to bowl. Mix for another 2 minutes or until dip can keep shape. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop dip into serving bowls and dust the top with cocoa powder. Serve with lady finger cookies for dipping.