Fall Snack MIx
This simple no-bake fall-themed snack mix is made with crispy Chex cereal, salty pretzels, honey-roasted almonds, and sweet peanut butter Reese’s Pieces.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
About Fall Snack MIx
Deliciously simple and bursting with autumn themes, this four-ingredient fall snack mix is the perfect finger food to keep on hand for snacking or for festive gifting!
What’s in fall snack mix?
- Chex cereal and pretzels – These ingredients make up the savory crunch of the snack mix. Feel free to use your favorite flavors and versions of these ingredients.
- Honey-roasted almonds – Brings a touch more crunch and woodsy flavor, plus the honey coating adds some sweetness that’s perfect for fall.
- Reese’s Pieces – Adds some peanut butter flavor and a pop of fall color. You can also substitute this for fall-themed M&M’s if you’d rather have a chocolate sweetness over peanut butter.
What else can you add?
The best part about this fall finger food is that it’s easy to customize with all your favorite sweet or salty snacks. The recipe here provides you with some ideas to get you started, but feel free to go crazy with creating your own delicious flavor combinations.
The only thing I’d recommend is keeping the following ratio:
For every 4 cups of Chex cereal, add up to 2 1/4 cup salty snacks and 3/4 cup sweets.
The above should give you the perfect mix of salty crunch and light sweetness.
And if you’re looking for more ideas of what to add, check out this list for inspiration:
- Chocolate-covered pretzels
- M&M’s, any type
- Mini Rolo’s
- Milk Duds
- Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc
- Caramel popcorn
- Kettle corn
- Junior Mints
- Cracker Jacks, Crunch ‘n Munch, or Buncha Crunch
- Other types of nuts (walnuts, peanuts, etc) with any flavoring
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Mini marshmallows or dehydrated miniature marshmallows
- Oyster crackers
- Other types of cereal, like Cheerios, Corn Flakes, etc.
Can you make this in advance?
Certainly! Since these are all shelf-stable ingredients, this snack mix is great for making in advance. To ensure the best presentation, I recommend making this up to two to three days in advance.
How long does fall snack mix last?
Once prepared, this fall-themed treat can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Can you freeze fall snack mix?
Yes, you totally can!
Once prepared, this easy snack mix can be stored in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to four to six months.
Notes & tips for fall snack mix
- When making this recipe, you’ll need a big mixing bowl so you have enough room to maneuver and stir. I own a 13 quart mixing bowl for this very reason. The snack mix can also be served in a bowl like this.
- Because this snack mix remains good for up to two weeks, it’s great for gifting! Perfect as a take-home treat after a party or even giving out to trick-or-treaters.
More delicious finger foods
How to make fall snack mix
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – In a large bowl, add the following ingredients: Chex cereal, pretzels, honey-roasted almonds, and Reese’s Pieces. Use a spoon or spatula to gently mix and toss everything together.
Step 2 – Serve and enjoy!
Fall Snack Mix
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted almonds
- In a large bowl, add Chex cereal, pretzels, honey roasted almonds, and Reese’s Pieces. Use a spatula to gently toss together until thoroughly mixed.3 cups Chex cereal, 1 1/2 cups pretzels, 3/4 cup honey-roasted almonds, 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Serve immediately.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.