Fireball jello shots infused with spicy taste of Fireball Whisky and topped with Fireball butter cream frosting. Another way to warm up your holiday!
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
About Fireball Jello Shot Cupcakes
We’ve made it past the mega shopping & eating holidays, but there’s still one more looming on the horizon:
New Years Eve.
an old friend of mine and I have an annual party we attend and I’m pretty excited that I can contribute to the food this year.
In previous years, I never felt confident enough in my ability to subject the masses to my cooking, but I think I’m finally ready to take a gamble on it.
Now I just need to find the right recipe(s) to bring.
That’s where these Fireball Jello Shot Cupcakes come in.
I was immediately interested in them when I saw the recipe (since Fireball whisky is the perfect alcohol for cool weather) but I still wanted to give it a shot (oh, look that pun!) to see if they turned out as well as the original poster claimed.
The cupcake shots look cute, sure, but do they taste as good as they look?
I won’t lie to you – for better or for worst, these jello shots taste just like a shot of Fireball whisky.
So if you love the raw, pure taste of Fireball whisky then these little guys will be right up your alley.
But like with most jello shots, the idea is to shoot it, not to chew it (which is a hard lesson we all learn at some point) so that you only get a hint of the alcohol going down.
However, if you’re the type that just can’t help but chew a jello shot, that’s where the buttercream frosting (and sprinkles!) come in.
These jello shots can have quite a kick on their own, but the frosting it softens them just enough to bring out the best of both worlds – the sharp kick of whisky and the touch of sweet sugar.
Personally, I’m more of a sugar fan, so it took a little willpower not to eat the buttercream frosting by itself. I could see myself making this frosting for other cakes and treats.
I’ve still got a few days to go until New Years, so expect to see some more festive recipes coming your way.
So far these jello shots are high on the list for making an appearance on the 31st!
Cheers, and have a happy New Year!
Fireball Jello Shot Cupcakes
For the Jello Shots
For the Jello Shots
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the ginger ale. Sprinkle gelatin on top and allow to "bloom" for 2-3 minutes. Gelatin will be puffy.
- Set heat to low and whisk ginger ale and gelatin constantly until the gelatin is completely dissolved (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour in the Fireball whisky to the jello mix. Add a few drops of red food coloring if desired.
- Pour jello mixture into molds / muffin tin and place in the refrigerator until set, about 2-3 hours.
For the Buttercream Frosting
- Reduce speed to low and add the Fireball whisky, powdered sugar, and salt. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is creamy and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Store frosting on the countertop (for a few hours max) until ready to decorate.
Putting it all Together
- When jello is set, remove from mold / muffin tin and place on a serving dish. If using a muffin tin, you can use a butter knife to help loosen the jello around the edges.
- Store jello shots in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I'm not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.