"Fluffy marshmallow and chocolate dips are swirled together to make this easy and fun chilled party dip. No heating or melting required!"
As we make our way from summer to fall, certain things we love about the summer months begin to fall out of fashion. Camping, bathing suits, grilling, campfires, s’mores – they all start to go by the wayside as the weather gets cooler.
But what if you didn’t have to give those things up?
What if you could enjoy bathing suites and s’mores well into next year?
If that sounds good to you, then I have great news!
Well, okay, I guess I’ve only got good news if you’re a fan of summer because of hot roasted s’mores. But that’s still awesome, right?
I haven’t given up on figuring out the whole “bathing suit in the dead of winter” part, but until I work out the kinks, we can all pass the time by snacking on this all-year-friendly fluffy s’mores dip.
So, by now I bet you’re wondering: What makes this s’mores treat so good for 365 days of the year?
Well, for one, there’s absolutely no baking, melting, or fire involved. You don’t need to worry about whether it’s too cold to sit outside or if it’s too hot to turn on your oven. This dip can be served chilled or simply at room temperature.
And for two, you can customize this dip to fit any time of year.
Of course, you’ll need graham crackers to be in line with a classic s’more, but you can also jazz this dip up with fresh strawberries and bananas for dipping. You could even use gingerbread during the holiday months.
Basically, anything that goes well with chocolate and marshmallow would be perfect to cover with this dip.
And, finally, I was pleasantly surprised by how fluffy and creamy this dip turned out to be. It reminds me a lot of my Cadbury Creme Egg Dip recipe from a few months back, in that not only is it insanely delicious, but it’s also fun.
I could easily spend all evening just hunting around for the hidden mini marshmallows.
Fluffy S'mores Dip
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + medium bowl), blend together 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and the marshmallow fluff on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. If using mini marshmallows, add about 3/4 cup in with the marshmallow mixture and gently stir with a spoon until mini marshmallows are completely covered. Set fluffy marshmallow dip aside.
- In another medium bowl, whip together remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract on high until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Set whipped cream aside.
- In a new medium bowl, blend together remaining 4 oz cream cheese and cocoa powder on high until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add whipped cream to bowl and mix on low until cream and chocolate are completely incorporated, about another 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble the dip: Add fluffy marshmallow and chocolate dips to a single bowl, alternating between the two (I liked to alternate which side of the bowl I added the flavors). When the boil is full, use a spoon or butter knife to drag through the dip, swirling the colors together. Top the dip with the remaining 1/4 cup mini marshmallows.
- Serve dip immediately with graham crackers for dipping.