"Creamy greek yogurt topped with Grape-Nuts®cereal and fried cinnamon bananas. Makes for an easy and delicious breakfast for busy mornings!"
Well, you guys, we made it past Thanksgiving (and hopefully we’re all still in one piece). November will also soon be coming to a close, and you know what that means?
The heart of the holiday season will be upon us!
If you can’t already tell, I’m seriously looking forward to all the fun in store for us in December. And it’s not just because of the traditions (which are great) or the festivities (they’re wonderful, too), it also has to do with how entertaining December can be. 2016 has been a rough year for many of us, and I think we can all agree that a little good-natured fun is just what the doctor ordered.
One of the things I’m looking forward to the most? Illumination Entertainment’s upcoming movie, SING©, releasing on December 21st!
If you think the SING© movie would be a hit with your family, be sure to check out their fun sweepstakes – you could enter for a chance to win $100,000! (Note: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Official Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.)
A good movie has always been my favorite escape, and I love that December is becoming another month in the year for big movies. It only helps to make my favorite month of the year even better.
So, as you can probably imagine, all these traditions, festivities, and entertainment have me super busy (as I’m sure they do you, too). And if you’re anything like me, it becomes far too easy to forget to stop for a simple meal, or even a snack, when you’re mind is busy planning a million other things.
This is why I also love to keep Grape-Nuts® cereal in the house. There are so many things you can make with it.
I found Grape-Nuts® at my local Target, in their cereal aisle.
And one of my absolute favorite dishes to make with Grape-Nuts®? This delicious fried cinnamon banana breakfast bowl.
I love how simple this is to make. Frying the bananas takes all of 10 minutes, and it helps bring a rich, sweet flavor to the Grape-Nuts® cereal and the mellow greek yogurt.
So what about you?
What are you excited for this holiday season? What are your favorite go-to dishes to help you get through the (wonderful) holiday madness? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
NOW FOR SOME FUN! Below is a super easy giveaway for a chance to win $100 PayPal Cash, which is more than enough to make some easy delicious treats with Grape-Nuts® or take the whole family to see SING©. Have fun and good luck!
This giveaway is open until Wednesday, December 14th, at 11:59PM PST. The giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S and Canada. Winner will be chosen randomly and announced in this post. We will email the winner, and if the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Prize value is $100 PayPal cash (USD) to buy Grape-Nuts® cereal or view the SING© movie in theaters.
Fried Cinnamon Banana Breakfast Bowls
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 inch banana slightly overripe, cut into 1/2slices
- 1 cup greek yogurt flavor and amount of your choice
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts® cereal
- In a small bowl, sift together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Roll the sliced banana in the cinnamon sugar mixture until all sides are covered. Set remaining cinnamon sugar mixture nearby.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil and warm over medium heat. Add sugary bananas to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle some of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the bananas, then cook for an additional minute. Flip bananas and repeat the process: cook for 1 minute, sprinkle cinnamon sugar, then cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove bananas from skillet and let cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Prepare breakfast bowls by serving greek yogurt topped with Grape-Nuts® cereal and fried cinnamon bananas. Serve immediately.