These copycat Nestle Crunch Bars are an easy candy bar recipe made with rice cereal coated in milk chocolate. Only takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
About Homemade Crunch Bars
Candy is a go-to comfort food for any time of the year, and what better way to get your chocolate fix than with these four ingredient homemade crunch bars.
What do you need to make crunch bars?
The best recipes are always the easiest, and that’s the case with these homemade crunch bars. To whip up a batch, you’ll need:
- A microwave safe mixing bowl, for heating up the ingredients.
- A spatula or whisk.
- An 8×8 baking dish. You can use other sizes, but the bigger the dish, the flatter the bars will be, making them difficult to cut and keep their shape.
- Parchment paper, for lining the baking dish and making it easy to remove the candy bars.
Can you use other types of chocolate?
This recipe calls for milk chocolate, as that is the same type of chocolate that Nestle Crunch Bars are made with.
However, you can also experiment with semi-sweet or dark chocolate, if you like those flavors more. You could even try white chocolate.
How long do homemade crunch bars last?
There’s very little moisture in these bars, so they will last a while – however, it is best if they are stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator. This will keep the chocolate from becoming soft or oily at room temperature.
To store crunch bars:
- Let the crunch bars cool to room temperature first. Chilling the bars while the chocolate is still hot will cause the chocolate to change to a darker color.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge. If stacking the bars in their container, separate each layer with wax or parchment paper.
- Once stored, these bars should last up to two weeks.
Can you freeze crunch bars?
Yes, you totally can!
When stored in a freezer bag or a storage container, these candy bars should remain good for up to three months.
How do you make crunch bars?
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – Before you get started, prepare an 8×8 baking dish by covering the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper sticks over the edges of the pan a little – you’ll use these edges to lift the candy bar mixture out of the pan later on.
Step 2 – In a microwave safe bowl, toss in the chocolate and coconut oil. Heat the ingredients in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each one, until the ingredients are melted and combined.
Step 3 – Use a spatula to mix the salt and Rice Krispies cereal into the chocolate.
Step 4 – Pour the candy mixture into the prepared baking dish, then let it cool for about 20 minutes. Once cooled, transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator and let set for about 40 minutes.
Step 6 – Grip the sides of the parchment paper to lift the candy bar mixture out of the baking dish, then cut the candy in the bar shapes of your choice.
Step 7 – Serve and enjoy!
Homemade Crunch Bars
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together on 30 second intervals until smooth, stirring between each one.
- Add the salt and Rice Krispies to bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top to an even layer.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to set for about 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper. Cut into 10 evenly sized bars (or whatever size you'd like). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.