"This extremely easy baked Italian shrimp dish is a perfect weeknight dinner for busy seafood lovers. With only four core ingredients, you can have tender shrimp in a buttery Italian sauce in under 20 minutes. Customize it with your favorite vegetables or pasta!"
You guys, it’s been far too long since I paid homage to my all-time favorite food:
And though I’ve made shrimp scampi a few times to help tide myself over, lately I’ve been hungering for something new to spice things up. I’ve also been in a bit of the rush over the past couple of days, working through some early spring cleaning and preparing for some company later this week (which just means even more cleaning).
So since I’m pressed for time, I figured now was a good a time as any to try out another recipe of Pinterest legend:
Baked Italian Shrimp.
It takes only 15 minutes to cook (yes!) and utilizes dry Italian dressing mix as an extra burst of flavor (yes yes yes!).
I’ve proven before that I’m a sucker for recipes that use dry Italian dressing mix – because, well, it makes everything delicious.
And I love delicious things. I’m sure you do, too.
What to add to this Italian shrimp dish
When I make this recipe, I like to use whatever frozen vegetables I have on hand. In our house that typically means broccoli or carrots, and I’ve found both to be a good fit for this dish. When using frozen vegetables, I thaw them out beforehand and then add them to the dish to be baked with the shrimp.
If you’re looking for a more filling option, try adding your favorite pasta. Trust me, there will be plenty of buttery Italian sauce to coat all the noodles. Just cook the pasta per the package instructions while the shrimp bakes and toss them together before serving.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen raw shrimp, but frozen shrimp should be thawed, rinsed, and dried before baking.
Notes & tips for this baked shrimp with Italian seasoning
- As mentioned above, if you’re using any frozen ingredients (whether it be the shrimp or veggies) make sure to thaw and dry them first before baking.
Other great seafood recipes
- Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
- Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- Baked Parmesan Shrimp
- Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Pan Seared Scallops in Bacon Cream Sauce
- Simple Bacon Wrapped Scallop Skewers
- Maryland Style Crab Cakes
- Garlic and Dill Seafood Bake
This recipe was originally published on April 17, 2015. It was updated on February 12th, 2018.
Baked Italian Shrimp
This extremely easy baked Italian shrimp dish is a perfect weeknight dinner for busy seafood lovers. With only four core ingredients, you can have tender shrimp in a buttery Italian sauce in under 20 minutes. Customize it with your favorite vegetables or pasta!
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tail optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 lemon washed and sliced thin
- 1 pkg dry italian dressing mix (.7 ounce)
- 1 cup vegetables of your choice (optional)
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (optional)
- Lay sliced lemons in a single layer along the bottom of the baking dish.
Arrange shrimp and veggies of your choice (optional) on top of lemons.
- Pour melted butter on top, then evenly sprinkle evenly with dry Italian season mix.
Bake, uncovered, for 15-17 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through (pink and slightly curled)
Serve baked Italian shrimp immediately with rice or pasta.
Recipe adapted from 4Kowboys.