"An extremely easy shrimp dinner in a buttery ranch sauce that packs a ton of flavor! Customize it with your favorite vegetables."
It’s been an awfully long time since I paid homage to my all-time favorite food: shrimp. And I’ve made shrimp scampi a few times to help tide myself over, but lately I’ve been hungering for something new to spice things up. I’ve also been in a bit of the rush over the past couple of days, working through spring cleaning and preparing for some company this weekend (which just means even more cleaning)
So since I’m pressed for time, I figured now was a good a time as any to try out another recipe of Pinterest legend: Italian Shrimp Bake. It takes only 15 minutes to cook (yes!) and utilizes dry italian dressing mix as an extra burst of flavor (yes yes yes!). I’ve proven before that I’m a sucker for recipes that use dry Italian dressing mix – because, well, it makes everything delicious. And I love delicious things.
The shrimp and veggies are cooked on a bed of lemon slices, and while that sounds heavenly to me, it also means I have to be a bit crafty; there are some in this house that don’t share my enthusiasm for lemons.
So In this case, I cooked the recipe just as the instructions indicated, but also made sure that the lemon slices were very thin. This made it so there was a hint of lemon flavor, but nothing too overpowering to steal the show.
And the tactic must have worked, because The Boyfriend ate every last bit without a single protest. See, lemons aren’t so bad, right?
When I made this dish, I originally paired it with rice, primarily I was pressed for time, so minute rice was just the path of least resistance.
However, I could totally see this recipe on a bed of linguine, especially if you spooned out some of the lemon-butter sauce and drizzled it on top.
Yeesh. It must be close to dinner time, cause I’m just making myself hungry writing all of this.
Or maybe that’s my stomach’s way of telling me I need to make this again.
What about you?
Have you ever tried a “Pinterest legend” recipe?
Did it turn out as good as all the hype?
I’ve had (fairly) good luck so far, but I know there are some epic failures just lurking out there somewhere. waiting to catch me!
Italian Shrimp Bake
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tail optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 lemon washed and sliced thin
- 1 pkg dry italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup vegetables of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Lay sliced lemons in a single layer along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange shrimp and veggies of your choice on top of lemons.
- Pour melted butter on top, then evenly sprinkle on dry italian season mix.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-17 minutes or until shrimp are cooked (pink and slightly curled)
- Serve immediately with rice or pasta.