"Get your peppermint fix with this ultra-creamy mint chocolate chip dip that's laced with mini chocolate chips and served with mint Oreo cookies for dipping."
I’ve had the strangest craving for mint chocolate desserts lately, so I decided to take matters into my own hands by crafting a mint chocolate chip dip.
Now, I know what you’re probably thinking:
Why on earth would craving mint chocolate desserts be strange? They’re delicious! There’s nothing strange about delicious!
And you know what, I totally agree with you; Peppermint is delicious. It’s just that I tend to get all stereotypical and associate minty freshness with crisp air and snow, and yet here I am, in the middle of 100-degree weather, fighting a craving for a winter classic.
Well, I tried to fight it, anyway. The fact that this did indeed exist in my house is proof that I failed wonderfully.
Regular readers of this little food blog know I’m a fan of easy desserts, and this mint chocolate chip dip is no exception. It follows a similar formula to the Churro Cheesecake Dip (in that both dips are a type of no bake cheesecake dip) but what I love most about this one are the Oreos.
I’ve been experimenting more with all the different flavors of Oreo, and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the Mint Oreos. I always thought they’d be a little “much” on their own, and even worried that they’d be overwhelming with this dip, but the combination turned out to be the perfect amount of peppermint infusion.
Even I, a clearly crazy individual who usually limits their exposure to delicious peppermint to only a few months out of the year, could totally see this being a go-to dip choice when you have guests to entertain.
So if you’re a fan of mint chocolate cheesecake, trust me on this:
This dip is the perfect way to get your fix without all the fuss! With it’s creamy texture and festive Mint Oreos, it’s sure to be a hit at any party or event!
notes & tips for this mint chocolate chip dip:
- Whipping homemade cream can sometimes be tricky, so I always recommend you use cream that is extremely fresh (just opened for the first time) and that it is very chilled. Either wait to remove the cream from the refrigerator until just before you’re ready to whip OR you can set the cream in the freezer for 15 minutes before use. I’ve also heard of people freezing their whisk attachments or mixing bowls, especially if your bowl is metal, glass, or porcelain. Every little bit helps!
- For this recipe, I highly recommend using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. This isn’t a recipe you can make by hand with a whisk.
- Depending on how well your cream whips, this recipe could make just enough for a big serving bowl or maybe enough for two serving bowls. If you have extra, the dip can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container (up to 2 -3 days) and used for any sort of sweet topping (or just more dip!)
- If you like minty treats, be sure to check out Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream!
- Love the idea of serving dips to your guests? Be sure to check out these other stellar dip recipes for any occasion: Baileys Cookies and Cream Dip, Churro Cheesecake Dip, Cookie Dough Dip, Christmas Crack Dip, Frosted Sugar Cookie Dip, Brain Dip, Fluffy S’mores Dip, Cannoli Dip, Cadbury Creme Egg Dip, King Cake Dip, Easy Tiramisu Dip, Eggnog Dip, Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip, and Apple Brickle Dip.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
Get your peppermint fix with this ultra-creamy mint chocolate chip dip that's laced with mini chocolate chips and served with mint Oreo cookies for dipping.
Remove peppermint cream from the bowl (don't need to be neat - it's okay if there's still cream in the bowl or on the beaters) and add in cream cheese. Whip on medium-high until fluffy, about another 3-5 minutes.
Add peppermint cream back to the bowl and pour in mini chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold the creams and chocolate chips together until thoroughly combined and smooth.
Serve mint chocolate chip cheesecake dip immediately with mint Oreo cookies for dipping.