About One Pan BBQ Chicken
For those of you located in the U S of A, I hope you’re having a great Memorial Day weekend! My father was a veteran, so I know all too well the true importance of this holiday. And being the foodie that my father was (hey, I had to get it from somewhere, right?) I’m honoring him in the best way I know how: by making absolutely tasty food!
Such as this delicious one pan BBQ chicken, for example.
There’s also another big reason why I’m excited to share this recipe with you:
I’m hosting a giveaway for the same type of cookware that I made this chicken dish with!
A little backstory: Recently I was lucky enough to get my hands on a brand new piece of All-Clad d5 Cookware (available at Williams-Sonoma) and in return I would provide an honest review of how the cookware performed. Plus, All-Clad issued me a challenge (and oh, how I love a challenge!) come up with a recipe that uses only 5 ingredients in honor of their d5 cookware.
Well, okay, so maybe this recipe “technically” has six ingredients, but we don’t count water as an ingredient, do we?
Didn’t think so!
For those of you who read this blog on the regular (if that’s you, THANK YOU!), you already know I’m a fan of one-pan dinners – but as much as I love them, I had a small problem. My “usual” pan for such dishes was long past it’s prime. It’s a piece of cookware that came with an old friend of mine back when we started dating, so I don’t know it’s origins or how well it was (or wasn’t) taken care of before I came around. This poor pan gets the job done, but it cooks unevenly and everything sticks to it.
So as you can probably imagine, using the All-Clad d5 Pan completely blew my mind.
In fact, cooking with this new pan was actually fun!
I loved that this pan works with all cook surfaces (even my induction!), that it’s also oven safe, and that even though I was cooking over medium-high heat I could still touch the handles without scalding my hands (no mitts needed!)
Other great perks of the All-Clad d5 Pan: It’s also handcrafted in the USA, making it a perfect guest to all your patriotic summer cooking. It has sloped sides to minimize splatter and a great non-stick service, making cleanup (of both the pan and your walls) just that much easier. And not only does it’s stainless-steel core diffuse heat for consistent cooking results (SO much better than my old pan, let me tell you) but the stainless-steel exterior has a gleaming polished finish that makes this cookware still “showy” enough to serve food from, so there’s no need to dirty up a separate serving plate.
In short: This All-Clad d5 Pan is a beautiful and efficient addition to your cookware arsenal.
And as for how this dish turned out? I’ve always been hesitant to pan fry chicken in the past, since my old pan just couldn’t cut the mustard, leaving the chicken unevenly cooked and nightmare to clean… but this time around, the dish turned out beautifully. Every piece of chicken, even those that weren’t quite the same size, cooked to an even perfection in the All-Clad d5 Pan.
More great chicken recipes
One Pan BBQ Chicken
- Add olive oil and garlic to your All-Clad d5 Pan and warm over medium heat. Let garlic cook until fragrant and a light gold color, about 2-3 minutes.
- While garlic cooks, rub salt (to taste) on chicken breasts.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken breasts to All-Clad d5 Pan. Let chicken cook, turning occasionally, until outside is opaque and inside is no longer pink, about 8-13 minutes. Keep an eye on the garlic - if it looks like it's beginning to burn, reduce heat to medium. Reducing heat may increase cook time of chicken by 5-7 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, add water and BBQ sauce to a small bowl and whisk together. Set bowl nearby.
- When chicken is done, pour BBQ sauce mix in the pan and let cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until it begins to thicken. Toss chicken frequently in the sauce so chicken is completely coated. Between turning, use a wooden spoon to help loosen any bits on the bottom of the pan and mix them in with the sauce.
- Serve chicken immediately with choice of side dish.