About Pumpkin Coffee Ice Cream
I’ve been pretty quiet on the pumpkin front this year, but you guys, you had to know a delicious pumpkin recipe was coming. There simply is no fall without pumpkin pie spice, and seeing as we can only enjoy it for a few months out of the year, I’m always on the hunt for the best ways enjoy this seasonal classic while it lasts.
And this holiday season, I think I’ve found what has easily become my go-to pumpkin fix: International Delight’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and Iced Coffee.
Now, I know pumpkin spiced lattes tend to be “the” fall treat, but I love the convenience of having delicious pumpkin coffee at home. There’s no fuss, no muss – just pour and enjoy.
It’s made my fall mornings a thousand times better.
Plus, there’s so much more you can do with this tasty creamer and coffee than serve them “straight up” in a classic drink. For the regular readers of this little blog, you probably already know where I’m going with this – 2016 has been the year of chilled treats, after all – so it probably comes as no surprise that I took the chance to whip the amazing International Delight’s Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer into a creamy and decadent holiday ice cream.
Because I firmly believe that everything tastes better on a spoon.
And not only is this a pumpkin pie spice ice cream, but it’s got a hint of pumpkin coffee as well, making it the perfect “anytime, anywhere” treat to enjoy as the weather continues to make up it’s mind about whether it wants to be warm or cold.
Another fun perk of this recipe?
You could even use the ice cream as a base for a ultra creamy milkshake.
Pumpkin Float, anyone?
Want to make your own Pumpkin Coffee Ice Cream with International Delight? Check the store locator to find where it’s in stock near you!
Pumpkin Coffee Ice Cream
- Add egg yolks to a shallow blow and quickly whisk to break yolks apart. Set bowl nearby.
- In a medium saucepan, add heavy cream, International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer, brown sugar, and salt. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When cream mix begins to steam, temper the egg yolks by slowly pouring about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture in with the yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour the tempered yolk mixture back in with the rest of the cream and continue to heat, whisking constantly, until ice cream mixture is thick enough to easily coat the back of a spoon, about 5-10 minutes. Tips: When you first start whisking, ice cream mix will be very frothy - as mixture thickens, bubbles will become less and mixture will rise in the saucepan. Typically, the ice cream mixture will be thick enough once it's hot enough to boil.
- Pour ice cream mixture through a mesh strainer. Discard anything that doesn't pass through the mesh.
- Add pumpkin puree and International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Iced Coffee to the finished ice cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until very cold. Typically this takes 4-6 hours in the refrigerator or 1-2 hours in the freezer (be sure to check and stir periodically so that it doesn't freeze).
- Remove ice cream bowl/attachment from freezer and attach/place it per your ice cream maker's instructions. Pour in prepared pumpkin coffee ice cream mixture into the chilled bowl/attachment.
- Churn ice cream for about 25-30 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. If you'd like soft ice cream, serve pumpkin coffee ice cream immediately. If you'd like firmer ice cream, transfer the ice cream to your chosen storage container and let it freeze for another 2 hours before serving.