Spaghetti Pasta Salad
This cold spaghetti pasta salad is a cookout classic with tender pasta, fresh veggies, and flavorful dressing. Perfect as a crowd-pleasing main dish or side.
This post contains affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy.
Table of Contents
About Spaghetti Pasta Salad
Nothing says a summer party quite like a big bowl of pasta and veggies, and this spaghetti pasta salad is one of my favorites.
Between the tender spaghetti, fresh cucumbers, sweet cherry tomatoes, and the Italian dressing and spices, it’s hard to find a reason not to like this side dish.
It’s always a hit whenever I make it, whether it be for a house party or just so we have an easy lunch on hand.
Can you make this pasta salad in advance?
Yes, you totally can make this in advance!
In fact, this pasta salad will taste better if given the chance to marinate overnight.
How long does spaghetti pasta salad last?
When stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, this pasta salad should last for up to three to five days.
Can you freeze spaghetti pasta salad?
Bad news here, guys. I personally can’t recommend freezing pasta salad. It can be done, but you might get wildly different results depending on when you freeze it, how it’s packaged, etc. And even if you do everything correctly, freezing and thawing will ultimately remove a bit of water from all ingredients, which could greatly impact the texture of the salad.
However, if you’re dead set on freezing a pasta salad for later, check out this article for a complete guide: Tips to Freezing Pasta Salads.
What’s in spaghetti pasta salad?
- Pasta – This pasta salad is designed to use classic spaghetti, but you can use any type of pasta that you like.
- Lots of veggies – Like the pasta, you can jazz this pasta salad up with any combination of vegetables that you like, but it tastes best with cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and red onion.
- Parmesan cheese – Cheese is a must in any salad (pasta or not), and this recipe goes a milder route with grated parmesan.
- Salad supreme seasoning – Fans of this seasoning already know the great flavor it brings, and those that haven’t experienced yet it will soon discover what a great garnish it is for a variety of foods, not just salads. You can substitute for your own favorite mild seasonings if you want, but I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
- Italian dressing – Whether you use store-bought or homemade dressing, this is a staple for bringing all of the flavors together.
Notes & this for this pasta salad
- If you don’t already have one, you’ll need an extra large bowl to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Red onions can pack a bit of a bite, so if you’re looking for a milder flavor, try soaking the onions first. To do this, submerge the red onion in a bowl of ice cold water and let it soak for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain the onions, pat them dry, and then use in the recipe as directed.
More tasty salad recipes
How do you make spaghetti pasta salad?
This next part is only a photo tutorial of the recipe steps. If you’re looking for the full recipe measurements and instructions, scroll down to Recipe Details.
Step 1 – In a large bowl, add cooked spaghetti, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and red onion.
Step 2 – Add parmesan cheese, salad supreme seasoning, and Italian dressing.
Step 3 – Toss all the ingredients together.
Step 4 – Serve and enjoy!
Spaghetti Pasta Salad
- 16 ounce spaghetti
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 chopped English cucumber
- 1 small sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon salad supreme seasoning
- 16 ounce Italian dressing
- In a large stockpot, cook spaghetti per package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in an extra large mixing bowl.16 ounce spaghetti
- Add cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, English cucumber, red onion, parmesan cheese, salad supreme seasoning, and Italian dressing to bowl. Mix ingredients well.1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped yellow bell pepper, 1 chopped English cucumber, 1 small sliced red onion, 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoon salad supreme seasoning, 16 ounce Italian dressing
- Serve spaghetti pasta salad immediately.
I do my best to provide nutrition information, but please keep in mind that I’m not a certified nutritionist. Any nutritional information discussed or disclosed in this post should only be seen as my best amateur estimates of the correct values.