"Decadent parfaits made with homemade whipped cream, granola, mini chocolate chips, and a tropical blend of fruit that comes together in just 15 minutes!"
Okay, you guys. I know it’s been quite a sweet week ’round here at Homeamde Hooplah, but I’m adding to my go-to dessert solutions for two very big reasons:
1. The colder months cometh! I know that easy, no-bake dessert recipes are typically seen as a fair-weather treat, but you know what? I’ve always thought of them as a winter indulgence. Maybe that’s from the years my father was a Postman and would come home every day of December with his arms loaded with candy gifted by the kind people on his delivery route, but even now as an adult, I just can’t shake those cravings once the weather starts to turn. The colder the weather gets the bigger my sweet tooth becomes.
2. Fall TV shows are starting up soon! Whether it’s an old classic or a new feature, there’s always something good to watch on TV as you wind down the day. I have about 10 shows that I’m anxiously awaiting the return of, particularly Grey’s Anatomy. It’s been 11 years now and I still love everything about that show.
And what better way is there to spend a chilly evening than bundled up on the couch, a good show on TV, and one of these tropical fruit parfaits in hand?
I know I can’t think of any!
For the regular readers of this little food blog, you already know I’m a sucker for a good parfait, and the reason for that is simple:
Parfaits are always easy, delicious, and yet look so good. They’re a picture-perfect dessert without all the effort.
Regular readers of this blog also know that I’m a big advocate of convenience without sacrificing quality and taste.
And that’s exactly why I’m such a big fan of DOLE fruit. I always keep my cabinets stocked with a few jars, since I love having delicious fruit on hand without all the cutting, peeling, and mess. The resealable lid is a lifesaver, too – it makes it so easy to scoop out just what I need (like adding a dash of fruit on top of my healthy favorite dishes!) and save the rest. The jars are also packed with 100% fruit juice, which is perfect for making all kinds of fruit glazes and custards.
DOLE fruit helps make the preparation of these parfaits simple with tasty fruit that’s cut up into convenient bite-sized pieces. They’re a perfect fit for a spoon!
In fact, these tropical fruit parfaits came come together in just 15 minutes or less. You could probably make these parfaits between commercial breaks or before the screen saver even kicks in on your TV.
I chose to go with their Tropical Fruit blend, but DOLE also makes peaches, pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, or mixed fruit. Any of these (or all of them!) would work just as well in these super simple parfaits.
Tropical Fruit Parfaits
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup granola any flavor
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 23 oz Dole Tropical Fruit thoroughly drained
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), add in chilled heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes. Set cream aside.
- In a medium bowl, add granola and mini chocolate chips, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble the parfaits: Using a pastry bag (or just a spoon), add layers of the cream, chocolate granola, and tropical fruit as you see fit. To do this as pictured, I layered cream, then chocolate granola, then fruit, then topped with more cream.
- Parfaits can be served immediately. Parfaits can also be chilled in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours before serving. If preparing the parfaits more than 6 hours in advance, you can make the cream (kept chilled in the refrigerator) and mix the granola (kept in a sealed container) but keep the main components of the parfaits separate until ready to eat. Avoid storing the fruit outside of its container and juice for more than 6 hours (so it doesn't dry out too much).